1. SIMPLE ITALIC HANDWRITING, ITALIC HANDWRITING & CALLIGRAPHY . Texts for Teachers. By Charles Lehman, Pentalic Corporation, New York, 1973. 8.5" X 11", 52 pages and 44 pages, black ink on paper covers, comb binding. Adopted by the Oregon State Textbook Commission.
2. THE NATURE OF GOTHIC, An Excerpt from THE STONES OF VENICE by John Ruskin with an introduction by Lloyd J. Reynolds. Charles Lehman, Publisher, Portland, Oregon, 1975. 5.375" X 8.5", 88 pages plus colophon, two-color printed paper cover, smyth sewn with perfect binding. Published in a trade edition of one thousand copies in the fall of 1975, the entire edition was purchased by Pentalic Corporation, N.Y., before binding was completed.
3. HANDWRITING MODELS FOR SCHOOLS By Charles L. Lehman, with Contributing Authors Donald Cowles & Gertrude Hildreth. The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 1976.The first book published with The Alcuin Press imprint, the private press banner of the author.
4. BEACON WRITING A Course in Italic, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon,1978. Softbound set of eleven booklets; fifty copies gathered in hardcovers and signed by Fairbank
How to Teach THE ITALIC HAND through the Beacon Writing Books by Alfred Fairbank
Teachers' Book for Books one & Two by Charlotte Stone
Book One by Charlotte Stone & Alfred Fairbank
Book Two by Charlotte Stone & Alfred Fairbank
First Supplemnt to Books one and Two by Alfred Fairbank and Charlotte Stone
Second Supplement to books One and Two by Alfred Fairbank and Charlotte Stone
Book Three by Winifred Hooper
Book Four by Winifred Hooper
Book Five by Alfred Fairbank
Book Six by Alfred Fairbank
A Roman Script for Schools by Alfred Fairbank
This series was first published by Ginn And Company, London, 1963. Alfred Fairbank personally approved The Alcuin Press edition and autographed the back of title pages sent to him in England and then returned them for binding of the fifty-copy limited edition of Beacon Writing.
5. THE DECLINE OF MATERIALISM By Lloyd J. Reynolds, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 1978. 5.25" X 8", black on black printed softcover and hardcover for limited edition. Lloyd J. Reynolds' last book written by him when he was in the hospital dying.
6. HOW LITTLE COLUMBO GREW UP TO BECOME ST. CHRISTOPHER, A Legend by Lloyd J. Reynolds, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 1980. 6" X 9", limited hardcover and softcover editions.
7. MY DEAR RUNEMEISTER A Voyage Through the Alphabet, By Lloyd J. Reynolds, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 1981. 7.375" X 9.25", softbound and three-piece cloth cover limited edition. Later republished in new softcover edition by The Oregon Historical Society.
8. ITALIC HANDWRITING & CALLIGRAPHY FOR THE BEGINNER, A Craft Manual by Charles Lehman, A Pentalic Book, Taplinger Publishing Company, N.Y., 1981.
9. THE SEVEN PENITENTIAL PSALMS Translated from the Latin Vulgate by Monsignor Ronald Knox, Written out by Charles Lehman, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 1983.
10. SEVEN PSALMS OF PRAISE , written out by Charles Lehman, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 1984.
11. SECRETA Three Methods of Laying Gold Leaf, by Joyce Grafe, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 1985. 9"X6". Published in limited softcover and hardcover editions and later republished in a softcover edition by The Oregon Historical Society.
The limited edition of this book was hand-sewn in the lab of Jack Thompson. Each copy has an original raised gold-leaf butterfly by the author placed on the title page. A coming-out party with musicians, flowers and food was held on the third floor of the main branch of Multnomah County Library.
12. SCRIBES IN MOTION By Charles Lehman, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 1987. (Videotape)
13. THE CALLIGRAPHY OF LLOYD J. REYNOLDS, A Contemporary AmericanWriting Master, By William Gunderson & Charles Lehman, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 1988. Later republished by The Oregon Historical Society.
14. SCRIBES AT WORK, An Electronic Round-robin By Charles Lehman, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 1989. (Videotape)
15. R AS IN CHRRRISTOPHER The Story of Two Extraordinary People, By Roberta Martin, The Alcuin Press on behalf of The Association for Retarded Citizens of Multnomah County, Portland, Oregon, 1990. Limited hardcover and softcover editions.This book was published with funding provided by ARC .
16. SIGNS OF CHRIST A Book of Clip Art By Charles Lehman, Sheed & Ward, Kansas City, 1995. This chapters of this book was initially syndicated by Orgon Catholic Press and subsequently published as a series of articles by Companion Magazine in Tornto, Canada.
17. PSALM REFRAINS Reproducible Calligraphic Expressions of Sunday Responsorials By Charles Lehman, Sheed & Ward, Kansas City, 1996.
18. THE RENEWAL OF CATHOLIC CHURCH ARCHITECTURE & FURNISHINGS IN WESTERN OREGON By Father John Domin, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 2000. Limited (100), signed hardcover edition in two volumes: book with matching cover folder/CD in slipcase.
19. LITURGICAL EMBLEMS OF CHRIST Illustrations & Notes by Charles Lehman, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 2001. Limited to one hundred signed copies. Softcover edition.
20. the bloody 100th, by Edwin Hoffart, edited/designed & produced by Charles Lehman, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 2001. Limited to six numbered, hand-sewn, softcover copies, signed by the author and publisher.
This small book was a personal tribute to Ed Hoffart, my brother-in-law. I heardl ong-standing anguish over his war experiences and, at a family reunion, I asked if he would correspond with me to discuss and answer questions about what happened to him in the war. He agreed to do so and over a year or so we exchanged letters. Little by little he opened up and poured out the details. I wired it all together as a small book and added photos he furnished. Kinko's printed it several times over until it was perfect and Erma and I drove to Ed's home to present it as a birthday gift. Then the national publication for the 100th BG accepted it for repub in Splasher Six." Ed then requested a dozen copies for friends and family.
21. THE BATTLE FOR THE BRIDGE AT NIJMEGEN A Personal remembrace of the 508th Parachute Infantry Campaign in Holland, September, 1944, by Bill Jasper, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon 2002. Limited to four numbered, hand-sewn, softcover copies, signed by the author.
22. FRIED & LURETTA by Charles Lehman. Designed and produced by Charles Lehman, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon 2003. Limited to twenty numbered, signed copies. Softcover.
23. THE DESCENDENTS OF FRIED & LURETTA LEHMAN Copy Masters for Each of the Ten Branches Of The Lehman Family Tree. Created By Marcia VanOrman, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon , July 2003. Limited to twelve copies. Softcover.
24. SPIRIT MOVEMENT IN ART by Dr. LLoy d J. Reynolds. CD series of lectures by LJR at Marylhurst College, 1969. The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon. 2007 Limited to six copies.
25. THREE HANDWRITING MANUALS An Introduction to Texts by Lloyd J. Reynolds, Contemporary Handwriting Master (1902-1978). by Charles Lehman. Softcover, illustrated, 56 pages, The Alcuin Press, Portland, Oregon, 2011.
Copyright © 1997 Charles Lehman. All rights