- 1974-75 University of Oregon
- 1976-78 Portland Community College
- 1979-82 Portland State University Bachelor of Science with concentration in sculpture.
- 1985-91 Clackamas Community College
- 1995-96 Portland Community College
Juried Shows, Exhibitions and Awards
- 1976 Festival Of The Arts, Lake Oswego, Or. * First Place
- 1979 Clackamas County Fair, Canby, Or. * Fifth Premium
- 1980 Oregon State Fair, Salem, Or. * Honorable Mention
- 1980 Crawfish Festival, Tualitin, Or. * Honorable Mention
- 1981-84 LaSalle Wine Tasting and Fine Art Show, Milwaukie, Or.
- 1981-88 Hoffman Studios Spring Show, Lake Oswego, Or.
- 1982 Guest Artist at Lake Area Artist Annual Art Show, Lake Oswego, Or.
- 1982 COIN-OP Art Show, N.W. Artist Workshop, Portland, Or.
- 1982-83 Oregon Art Invitational, Portland, Or.
- 1983 Festival Of The Arts, Lake Oswego, Or. * First Place
- 1983 Arts In Action, Corvallis Art Center, Corvallis, Or.
- 1983 Art Gone Wild, Western Forestry Center, Portland, Or.
- 1983 Chautauqua Art Show, Gladstone, Or. * Second Place
- 1984 Spring Garden Show, Memorial Coliseum, Portland, Or.
- 1985 The Business of Art, Arts in Oregon Council, Portland, Or.
- 1985 Spring Fling of Music and Art, Molalla, Or.
- 1985 Showcase 85, Beaverton, Or.
- 1985,90 One Man Show, Beaverton City Hall, Beaverton, Or.
- 1987,90 Sculpture Invitational, Clackamas Community Collage, Or.
- 1987 Public Hanging, PCVA, Portland, Or.
- 1987 Valley Fest, Beaverton, Or.
- 1988 Fun Art / Movable Parts, Hand Workshop, Richmond, Vir.
- 1988 Public Hanging, Marylhurst College, West linn, Or.
- 1989 Indoor-Outdoor Sculpture Show, Greystone Gallery, PDX Or.
- 1992,93 Celebration of Creativity, Southminster Church, Beaverton, Or.
- 1992 Art Over the Edge, Downtown Vancover Association, Va., Wa.
- 1992 Art: Past, Present, Future, Vancover, Wa.
- 1993 Affairs of the Art, Tigard OR. * Second Place
- 1993 Gallery in the Woods, The Grotto, Portland Or.
- 1994,95 Multicultural Festival, MUSIC "Center for the Endangered Arts" Willsonville OR.
- 1994 Showcase 94, Beaverton Arts Commission Beaverton OR. * Peoples Choice Award
- 1995 For The Birds, group show at Bibelot gallery, Portland OR.
- 1995 Showcase 95, Beaverton Arts Commission Beaverton OR. * Peoples Choice Award
- 1996 The Human Form, OCCA, Newport OR.
Selected Private and Public Collections
- Beloit Corp., Beloit Wisconsin
- Dr. John Tofte Dentistry, Lake Oswego Or.
- Emmerling Studios, Lake Oswego Or.
- Gotemba, Japan. A gift to Beaverton's sister city by Beaverton, Or.
- Greystone Gallery, Portland Or.
- Klarquist Sparkman Campbell Leigh & Whinston Patent Attorneys, Portland Or.
- Lake Oswego Library, Lake Oswego Or.
- Long and Associates Fine Arts, Lake Oswego Or.
- MUSIC Center for the Endangered Arts, Wilsonville Or.
- Riehl Industries, Clackamas OR.
- The Big Bang, Portland OR.
- Tigard City Hall, Tigard OR.
- Quimbly Welding Supply, Portland OR.
As a professional sculptor, I create basically two different types of art. One is of a very personal nature, the exploration of a subconscious dialog between me and my known visual world, in essence a nurturing art therapy.
The art evolves and matures along a path parallel to that of my life. The other type of art that I enjoy is the replication and refining of these original sculpture themes. With the production of these sculptures, I will have started not only a new editions series, but also a continuing metamorphosis from the original sculpture.
Letters of reference, or additional information provided upon request.
Return to Clay's Sculpture Page
Return to Curmudgeon's Conundrums Home Page